Monday, June 23, 2014

Reunion

On my way to the others, I met a nice other touring couple, early fifties, going the other way. They are shooting a documentary (while cycling) about small-town-entrepreneurship. Very interesting. The man, after telling my story and capturing some of it on camera, said goodbye with the words "Wauw, you're like a role model. We all want to be like you when we grow up". I like the way we moved away from crazy-out-of-your-mind-homeless-girl here.

In the next leg I got seriously rained and thundered on while climbing a huge never-ending pass and was saved by a friendly stranger in a truck (many thanks). Reunited with my friends, the next couple of days it went from summer to winter again but we got treated to some of the most spectacular views of the trip so far. America as well does keep surprising me.

No comments:

Post a Comment