Monday, May 5, 2014

No Fear

People keep asking me, concerned as ever, how my parents or my boyfriend feel about me taking this trip, all by myself. Over and over, I try to explain. I am an individual, who takes care of herself, there is no man, or woman for that matter, who has to do that for me. I'm fine.

There is a Mark Twain quote I can relate to:
"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
And another by F. Wooldridge:
"You can avoid being one of the millions of humans who died but never lived. You can avoid staring into a television most of your life. Get your butt out there into the wind, onto the road, up that mountain, down that river, through the deep powder, under the stars and by that campfire. Live until you die and if you die while you're living, your sprit will smile all the way through eternity."

No comments:

Post a Comment