Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Gorgeous Georgia - Peaches, Pecans and Peanuts (haven't seen any of all that)

This is it, this is where I need to be. Four weeks after I-wanna-go-home-Florida, I'm doing this, the proper way, mile'ing it and loving it! So what happened?

Two weeks after rehab, I started off again with mixed feelings. Leaving the warm and safe nest at Diana's (including the Diana breakfast special), I felt excited, curious and a little nervous at the same time. But determined! On the first night camping out again, I got invited for dinner by this sweet church camp group (Veggie - check, mac and cheese - check, brownie/milk desert - check). Really? Cycling the States? How hard can it be?

On cycling day 2 after passing through plantations and pine-tree-packed area (gorgeous Georgia) I slept in my own camper and was thrown back out on to the road with two little goodie bags full of brownie (thank you lovely Cook Family!). Again, how hard can this be?

Solitary is still all around me, but I discovered music and that helps a lot (credit to DJ Velez!).
So far so good ... Entering the Carolina's. And the story goes on ... Stay with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment