Thursday, April 17, 2014

Things that take my breath away along the road

A faster-than-sound-jet transported on the back of a trailer; bumping over a piece of blue or black rope on the side of the road (again, that was not a piece of rope ...); eagles flying with me; dogs trying to hitch my ride (bastards); the kindness of people providing me with food and shelter (palaces! to a homeless ...); Moon Pie and Moonlight (not the shiny but the liquid one); long and endlessly straight roads that sometimes suck the air out off me so violently I need to lay down for a moment and sulk on a cookie before I can go on again.
However breathtaking all this is, I'm doing it, taking it all in, mile by mile, day by day.

As for as my feelings towards this trip, I'm on a tide wave. I drift in and out of enthusiasm and passion for what I am doing versus severe doubt and desperation. One moment it's all amazing, I wouldn't want to be doing anything else at this particular moment and the next I'd think it's all crazy, that this is how full insanity must feel like. But I am impressed by how talking to (inspiring) people can totally lift my spirits. In the end it all just comes down to me, I, myself, my attitude and my view upon the situation. You have a choice, always, and I want it to be half full, I'm gonna cycle till the damn thing overflows!  

No comments:

Post a Comment